Beasts of Bermuda
|a game by||Sastrei Studios, LLC|
|Editor Rating:||8/10, based on 1 review|
|User Rating:||9.3/10 - 6 votes|
|Rate this game:|
|See also:||Simulator Games, Best Indie Games, Games Like the Isle|
Have you ever dreamed of leaving behind your life as a human and living instead as a majestic dinosaur or prehistoric creature? If so, then the Beasts of Bermuda game might be an option for you to consider. As such, today, we’ll take a look at what Beasts of Bermuda is to help you decide whether this might be a good game for you to try!
What is Beasts of Bermuda?
When it comes to multiplayer games, very few can offer quite the same level of world and player-driven gameplay customization as Beasts of Bermuda. This massively multiplayer game is unique in that the players largely sculpt and define the playing ecosystem, making it ever-changing and versatile.
Players take on the role of any prehistoric creature of their choosing across various niches, with the ultimate goal to survive and thrive by exploiting each creature’s unique strengths and weaknesses. Player rivalry, coupled with environmental events and scenarios, keeps the overall gameplay rapid and intriguing. Moreover, with three gameplay modes to choose between, players can pick an option that best meets their level and playing style. These include the following:
- Discover – the Discover mode is the basic gameplay option for Beasts of Bermuda. Players spawn in as a juvenile and fight for survival, developing their talents and skills over time while adapting to new skills and weaknesses. This mode largely follows the game’s inbuilt Life Cycle system, with tactics and survival strategies changing throughout to ensure that changing body shapes and structures are being used to the best advantage. For example, while a small juvenile can hide in the undergrowth from predators, a cumbersome adult may have little choice but to stand and fight!
- Free Roam – In the Free Roam mode, players spawn into the world fully-grown. This mode offers no opportunity for character growth but allows players the chance to play as they would like without worrying about death or skills.
- Combat – this game style features small worlds with close spawning to encourage conflicts and combat between players. This allows players to rapidly develop their talent points. However, it naturally comes with the added risk of getting devoured themselves!
Rating and Similar Games
Overall, we rate Beasts of Bermuda at an 8/10. Although the player community and difficulties getting started as a juvenile dino hold the game back slightly, its stunning graphics, gameplay modes, and overall concept make it a great game for many players. The game is similar to other titles such as ARK: Survival Evolved and The Isle.
Beasts of Bermuda is an excellent dinosaur survival game, akin to some similar titles such as ARK Survival and the like. While the game has been critiqued for its difficulty starting out as a new character, it still offers excellent challenges and great rewards that keep gameplay thrilling at every turn!
Pros and Cons
- Three different gameplay styles make for an engaging game overall
- Players are continually kept on their toes throughout the gameplay, with the most appropriate strategies for survival varying throughout the life cycle.
- Different dinosaur and prehistoric beast models are available for players to experience the world as, with each requiring a slightly different play style; for example, larger predators may demand a more aggressive combat-based play style than smaller dinosaurs.
- Recent reviews for the game have fallen due to a potentially toxic player base and difficulty in getting started as a juvenile in a world where the biggest dinosaurs tend to win most often; though this mimics the reality of dinosaur survival, it can make gameplay feel hopeless at times.
Download Beasts of Bermuda
- PC compatible
- Operating systems: Windows 10/Windows 8/Windows 7/2000/Vista/WinXP