Spider-Man and Venom - Maximum Carnage
|Игра компании||Software Creations|
|Жанры:||Action, Arcade Classics, Fighting Games, Platformer|
|Рейтинг редактора:||8.4/10, based on 4 reviews|
|Рейтинг пользователя:||7.6/10 - 14 votes|
|Оцените эту игру:|
|Смотрите также:||Superman Games Download, Spider-Man & Venom Games, Download Marvel Games, Download Spider-Man Games, Comics Games|
- Manufacturer: Acclaim
- Machine: SNES and Genesis
Question: In your January issue you showed four secret rooms. I found two more. In the police station playing as Spider-Man, at the top of the screen over the last door before the exit is a secret room. Plus, after the police station, on the rooftop, do a back flip onto the skylight to reach another one.
Answer: I can confirm that both rooms are there. Getting into the first one is a little tricky. Janet Gifford of Harrisburg, II, who also wrote in about the secret rooms, pointed out that, after climbing over the door, you need to, 'jump down by pushing B while holding up on the control pad'. He even drew a little diagram. The idea is to make it look like Spidey is falling through the open door to Solitary. The other secret room is a definite - on the few enemies and a hunch of extra lives.
Скачать Spider-Man and Venom - Maximum Carnage
- PC-совместимый ПК
- Операционные системы: Windows 10/Windows 8/Windows 7/2000/Vista/WinXP
- Игровые режимы: Одиночная игра
- Up, Down, Left, Right - Arrow keys
- Start - Enter (Pause, Menu select, Skip intro, Inventory)
- "A" Gamepad button - Ctrl (usually Jump or Change weapon)
- "B" button - Space (Jump, Fire, Menu select)
- "C" button - Left Shift (Item select)
Use the F12 key to toggle mouse capture / release when using the mouse as a controller.
- PC-совместимый ПК
- Операционные системы: Windows 10/Windows 8/Windows 7/2000/Vista/WinXP
- Pentium II (or equivalent) 266MHz (500MHz recommended), RAM: 64MB (128MB recommended), DirectX v8.0a or later must be installed
- Machine: SNES;
- Manufacturer: Acclaim; Software Creations
Bring On The Bad Guys
Ravencroft's two least favorite inmates, Carnage and Shriek, are loose. And to make matters worse, they've recruited Doppleganger (Spider-Man's evil twin), Carrion (a genetics experiment gone awry), and Demogoblin (a demon version of Hobgoblin, another Spidey foe). What a motley crew!
To help the Wall-Crawler on his adventure, we've provided tips on fighting all of the Super-Villains. These are the guys that undoubtedly can cause you the most problems, as you tangle with them over and over, level after trying level.
The Super-Villains get faster and learn deadlier moves as the game progresses, so don't be surprised if they don't give you everything they've got during your first encounter. Also, the rules of the fight change depending on your location. For instance, you can normally pick up and throw Shriek, but when you meet her on a rooftop, you can't. I guess the programmers didn't want Spidey to end the fight too soon by tossing her off the side. Oh well.
A Web-slinger's Guide To Surviving
- Horizontal Bolt (25%): Can hit from any distance. When she pulls her hands back and they begin to glow, immediately move up, down, or jump to avoid the blast.
- Vertical Bolt (25%): She mostly uses this move to move around, but she can also use it to knock you off a wall.
- Uppercut (20%): Almost as mean as her Bolt, but she has to be right next to you to do it. Don't let her get in close!
- Punch (10%): Her weakest attack, but deadly when put into a combo with an Uppercut.
Strategy: Webs affect her, but she quickly breaks out when you tie her up. You can also web-swing to clear her horizontal bolt, which also puts some breathing room between you. Sneak up on her from above or below, grab her, punch her a couple of times, then throw her. You can also reel her in with a web-line. This works very well and should finish her off quickly.
- Glider Charge (5%): Not very threatening, but it can knock you over an edge.
- Punch (5%): Normal punch - not a problem.
- Claw Rake (20%): A damaging swipe that he delivers whenever you get too close. Unlike a punch, the claw rake instantly knocks you down.
- Kick (10%): A normal front kick that has a slightly longer range than Demogoblin's punch or claw rake.
- Pumpkin Bomb (25%): Does a little damage when it first hits, but causes major injuries when it explodes. You have plenty of time to get away, though.
Strategy: Wait for Demogoblin to toss a pumpkin bomb, then rush in and deliver a few quick punches. He's not very hard to beat as long as you stay on him and avoid his Pumpkin Bombs.
- Life Drain (25%): Carrion attacks from above with this lethal attack. To avoid it, simply stay out from underneath of him. If he does manage to grab you, quickly shake free and run away.
Strategy: Watch Carrion's shadow to determine where exactly he is in relation to you - you need to be on his same level to attack. Use standing and running jump kicks, and try to fight him at the top of the screen to keep him on your level.
- Ceiling Climb (10%): Not as damaging as his other attacks, but this move knocks Spidey off a wall if he tries to climb.
- Trident (20%): Geez! How many long distance attacks does he have?
- Claw Swipe (20%): Another good reason not to stick near Carnage, as if you needed one.
- Axe Slash (45%): A devastating punishment for sticking too close for too long. A couple and you are history.
- Axe Stab (20%): Another vicious long range attack.
- Spear (20%): One of Carnage's many long range attacks. Don't stand on level with him at any distance until you're ready to strike.
- Blade Whirlwind (75%): Ouch! The most powerful attack in the game. You can't hurt him during this move - just step aside quickly.
Strategy: Carnage is one tough cookie. He has more attacks than anyone else, and virtually all of them do a ton of damage. The key to beating him is learning these attacks and his patterns. Don't try to take him head-on, instead, think carefully about each move and don't stay close to him for too long. Find an opening and strike quickly.
- Leaping Charge (10%): Doppleganger's favorite move. Stay out from in front of him or he kills you with it.
- Pummel: if he gets in close, Doppleganger bashes you with all six arms.
- Grab & Pummel (25%): He grabs you and starts punching.
- Webbing (10%): Six strands of webbing fire from any distance. Simply step aside.
- Roll Kick: A sneaky move that he doesn't use often. Not strong, but it knocks you down.
- Swing Kick (20%): Doppleganger can come out of nowhere with this advanced move. Watch for it.
Strategy: Web-lines & Web Shield have no effect, so stick with the normal attacks. Also, you can't grapple with Doppleganger. Simply stand a few steps above or below him and continue to rapidly hit the punch button. He walks in front of you, getting hit with the punches before he can attack.
SNES gamers have already sampled Acclaim's Maximum Carnage, and now the game swings over to the Genesis. All the graphics, features, and fighting action are identical on the Genesis version -- unfortunately, so are the drawbacks that made this only an average SNES game.
Maximum Carnage is a one-player game that enables you to fight as either Spider-Man or Venom against unending waves of street goons and infamous Marvel supervillains like Shriek and Doppelganger.
As on the SNES, all action is viewed from a third-person, side-scrolling perspective, with you brawling against urban street gangs over and over and over again. Whether you're Spidey or Venom, your only weapons are your spider- quick reflexes for punching and kicking, plus some wall- crawling and web-slinging moves. Controlling these basic moves is easy, but their repetitive use soon makes this game tedious.
- Save your webbing for long-distance opponents, since you may not have time to shoot webs if enemies get close.
- Keep your back covered by jumping around to maneuver the opponents to your front side.
That tedium is the main drawback of this game. The slow linear action soon gets old, and you have 25 levels of it to get through. All Spider-Man does is punch, kick, spin webs, and climb walls throughout each stage. There are few hidden items to find, and few onscreen objects to interact with. Except for the occasional appearance of supervillains, Spider-Man is primarily fighting the same set of evil goons with the same programmed fight moves, and only the backgrounds change.
- Only Spidey can cling to walls. Use this tactic to take a break from the action or realign your opponents.
- Stay on the offensive and keep pushing opponents off-screen. Continue punching so they can't return.
The hyped "guest appearances" of popular Marvel Comics heroes such as Captain America and Deathlok are merely brief cameos -- they quickly pop up to knock down all on-screen opponents, then disappear just as quickly. For the most part, you're on your own.
Follow your spider sense to safety!
The adequate graphics depict large, well-animated character sprites, but most levels share the same brick- wall motif, and a somber palette of colors adds to the game's monotony. A minimalistic audio offering -- a few fight sound effects plus a tinny rock soundtrack -- doesn't add much or enhance the game play.
Take on the amazon fighters with Jump kicks. Beware their whiplike hair!
Spidey's Seen Better
Although it's not a bad game, Maximum Carnage just doesn't approach the expectations built up by the reputations of its famous stars. Acclaim has produced some very entertaining Spider-Man titles in the past, and it probably will again. But Maximum Carnage simply isn't maximum fun.
Acclaim/LJN continues its long-running Spider-Man license with Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage for the SNES. The ingredients are all there for a no-holds-barred, action- packed slugfest, but the recipe doesn't deliver.
Mediocre graphics and sound, along with limited game play, diminish the appeal.
This one-player game pits Spider-Man (or Venom in some occasions) against relentless waves of street goons and Marvel supervillain bosses like Shriek and Demogoblin. Armed with his webbing and a limited variety of fighting moves, Spidey battles all the way through the Big Apple for a final showdown with Carnage. Unfortunately, the premise sounds better than the actual game.
You'll probably react immediately to the extremely dark graphics and weak sounds. The graphics will really disappoint you: Set in the gritty streets of New York, these levels look far too murky. Although the characters are large, they lack detail -- they're rendered in a very simplistic, cartoonish style -- and their saturated colors clash harshly with the backgrounds. Disappointingly, this can never revs up the SNES graphics engine. What's more, the limited thrasher rock soundtrack and spare sound effects are just as ineffective.
Punch In, Punch Out
Once you start playing, you'll find the action limited and repetitive. Spidey mostly just punches and kicks unending streams of enemies. A feu levels require him to do some wall-climbing and web-slinging, but this spider is usually grounded. Fortunately, the controls are effective and responsive, which is welcome news when you consider all the intense button pushing you need to survive the fights.
Scattered about are several Marvel superhero icons that let you call upon various popular Marvel Comics stars for help, including Captain America and Deathlok. Don't get too excited -- these "guest stars" pop up, throw a karate chop or fire a shot, and exit quickly. In this game, you're on your own!
- Use your surroundings. You can toss this trash bin at enemies on the street.
- You're the spider, so occasionally jump onto the wall to take a breather from the action. Jump back in when you see an opening.
- Attack Carnage with web shots from a distance. Take to the air and attack from above.
Spidey has seen better days in other Acclaim games. Although the intentions were good, the game play doesn't match the marquee appeal. For more amazing arachnid action, check out Spider-Man and Men in Arcade's Revenge.
- Always keep your enemies to one side so you can protect your back.
- Use your Spider Sense to guide you to safety.
Скриншоты и видео
Скриншоты Sega Genesis/Mega Drive
Скриншоты SNES/Super Nintendo/Super Famicom
Все игры Марвел
Серия игр Человек-паук
- X2: Wolverine's Revenge
- Spider-Man: Return of the Sinister Six
- Spider-Man vs The Kingpin
- Marvels Spider Man 2018
- Spiderman: The Movie
- Человек-Паук 2
- Spider-Man and Venom in Separation Anxiety
- Spider-Man - The Animated Series
- Spiderman 2
- Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- The Amazing Spider-Man